Of the books I read in 2013, I reviewed 14 books on Goodreads.com. At the top was Ken Follett’s Fall of Giants. Closely followed by Rose Tremian’s Trepass and JT Twissel’s Flipka – two very different genres. (Interestingly the two books I am reading now are by Follett and Tremian). The longest book I tackled was nonfiction: Truman by D. McCullough, which really gave me an appreciation of the quiet president from Missouri.
Here are my recommendations by category.
- Nonfiction:Truman by D. McCullough
- Historical: Fall of Giants and Winter of World by Follett, K
- Mystery: Flipka, by JT Twissel
- Literary: Trepass, by Rose Tremain (I think I like her Music and Silence even better)
- Most Enjoyable: a tie between The Language of Flowers by V. Diffenbach, and Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by H Simons.
- Honorable mention: Angel Makers by J. Gregson and Molokai by Alan Brennert.
See my reviews of these and others on Goodreads. Here is the link to my all time list of favorites: goodreads.com/review/list
You might be saying, “Hey, only one of these were published in 2013 (Flipka).” What can I tell you? I’ll never catch up with my “to-read” list, but you know what? Books never grow old. Please SHARE YOUR FAVORITES by commenting below. Here’s to making 2014 another great year of reading!